Palm Introducing Project Ares
Project Ares is the first mobile development environment hosted entirely in a browser, lowering the barriers for web developers to jump into mobile development.
Like webOS, Project Ares embodies Palm’s belief that the future of mobile will be built on the web. Project Ares aims to enable a next-generation mobile development workflow, in which developers move quickly and seamlessly from editing in a browser, to debugging on a device, to selling applications in Palm’s App Catalog or on the web.
Project Ares is now available to all developers as a public beta. We invite you to join us in Project Ares – try it out, build apps, and give us your feedback as we work to make the Ares vision a reality. To get started, just sign in with your Palm developer account.
- Complete integrated development environment
- Drag-and-drop interface builder
- Code editor
- Visual debugger
- Log viewer
- Source control integration
- Fingertip access to the full library of Mojo UI widgets
- Push-button project & scene creation
- Drag-and-drop file upload
- Instant project upload & download for seamless desktop/cloud workflow
- Preview apps in the browser
- Run apps directly on the webOS emulator or device (requires SDK installation)
- Use Ares in Safari, Chrome or Firefox